(all images via style.com)


After being so impressed by Riccardo Tisci's 2010 couture collection for Givenchy, I was really looking forward to seeing what he'd come up with for 2011 - and I'm certainly not disappointed. Once again, his use of unexpected detail makes his collection stand out from the rest - his attention to smaller detail is also beyond amazing. To me, the strong influence of armour in this collection is the perfect sequel to the 2010 collection, which was strongly inspired by the human skeleton, a form of armour itself. His use of neon is also fresh and keeps the looks from becoming too monochrome. I also love the Japanese-style headpieces, and wing details on the garments themselves. Tisci said that his collection was an 'abstract homage' to Kazuo Ohno.

Whilst I did also love the Christian Dior and Armani Privé couture shows, Givenchy is once again pick for best couture collection.





Sian. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top