I wanted to try out some new stuff I'd bought - a Pentel Aquash waterbrush and some Caran d'Ache water soluble graphite pencils. These come in HB, B and 3B, a set of two each, and you can scribble with them and then add water to create a wash. I first saw water soluble graphite pencils on a David Bellamy DVD and thought they were very clever, and the water brush is really for carrying around with me along with a sketch box full of watercolour half pans, but like any new toy it had to be played with a bit as soon as it arrived. I didn't have time to do a 'proper' drawing so I just very quickly sketched my husband's old Olympus OM-2, a very cool old camera but compared to the first SLR I used (a Pentax K1000) it has quite a few bells and whistles. I drew this with pen (some Faber Castell effort that I don't like but is waterproof), so when I completely messed up the entire lens I couldn't rub it out and fix it - ah well!

I realised that I seem to be using only pencil and/or black and white. The next thing I post will be in colour!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top