I thought I'd do a little post on the make-up I use most, as it seems to come up quite often. 


FACE

clockwise from left: 

1) Revlon PhotoReady foundation - I know a lot of people don't like this because of the shimmer it leaves on the skin, but I love it! Gets that perfect dewy finish.
2) MAC Studio Fix Liquid foundation - I mix a small amount of moisturizer with this, as I find it too cakey by itself, but it is quite good for adding a bit of colour when I'm pale. 
3) MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - this one is half shimmer, half natural; I found it in Budapest and can't seem to get a new one here in Dublin! 
4) Maybelline Dream SunGlow bronzer - used as a contour powder, and across my nose to enhance my tan and little freckles.
5) Bare Escentuals blush in Hush-Hush - lovely, shimmery, peachy shade. 
6) Clinique All About Eyes concealer - covers up my dark circles wonderfully, and the odd spot too.


EYES

clockwise from left: 

1) and 2) MAC eyeshadows in Creme de Violet and Clarity - amazingly pigmented.
3) Urban Decay Preen Palette - incredibly shimmery and blendable shadows.
4) Estee Lauder Berry Quartet - creates and amazing plum smokey eye.
5) Bourjois Liner Clubbing - literally does not come off..
6) Urban Decay Heavy Metal liner in Spandex - adds dimension and sparkle to black liquid liner or shadow. 
7) GOSH Velvet Tough eyeliner in Blue Lagoon - used under MAC's Clarity (perfect match!)
8) Barry M Dazzledusts - this one is in Rose Gold, but they're all wonderful.



clockwise from left: 

1) Bourjois eyeshadow in Brun Violet - great dupe for MAC's embark. My go-to crease colour!
2) No 7 eyeshadow in Wheatsheaf - I got this free with a voucher 3 years ago and have been repurchasing ever since. 
3) MAC Colour Craft Mineralize eyeshadow in Fashion Patch - my favourite MAC quad of all time (as you can see by how much I have used!)
4) Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Skinny Jeans - great shimmery grey base.
5) Max Factor Earth Spirits eyeshadow in Stormy Blue - perfect cool toned navy blue. 


LIPS

 from left: 

1) MAC's Dubonnet - deep brownish red; just vampy enough without being too goth-like.
2) Estee Lauder's Soft Amethyst - lovely subtle purple that can be built up using a blackish base or a dark pink.
3) Barry M's Neon Pink - incredibly bright, and appears as if it's constantly glowing under UVlights, even in daylight.
4) 17's Hot Chilli - wonderfully bright orange with red tones in it.
5) Revlon's Nude Attitude - peach-based nude that literally erases your lips; looks best with a pinkish gloss on top.




This is an incredibly tiny portion of my makeup - not only am I addicted, but I'm also a hoarder, so if it's not gone off then I won't throw it out. I recently had to invest in a small filing cabinet just for makeup and hair products (another addiction.) 

I also tried to include a wide variety of both 'drugstore' and higher end products; I get annoyed at people who only buy MAC because it's 'the best.' Variety is definitely a good thing.

I am considering doing some step-by-step makeup tutorials if people are interested.


Sian.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top