Just so you're warned, this is going to be a long, picture-heavy post. I decided to gather together a few of my favourite looks from the SS2011 shows so far; this isn't an over-view of upcoming trends, but rather what i'd like to be wearing next year. 

Alice+Olivia


I loved pretty much every single look in this collection, it was a difficult task limiting the amount of photos I could choose..

I love the femininity, the attention to detail, the delicate embellishments..everything. Definitely my favourite SS2011 collection thus far.

Badgley Mischka



This to me is a successful modern take on classic glamour; easy pieces in luxurious fabrics, with unexpected details, such as the shape, colour and floral appliqué in the last look. 

Elie Tahari



Continuing the outdoorsy look that's everywhere this Autumn, except presented with a more Safari-influenced feel (and some beautiful blazers, tailored to perfection.)

Helmut Lang



Once again, perfect tailoring - but what i love most about this collection is that Lang uses block colours for his outfits (as seen in the first look), but manages to create dimension and division between the pieces but using contrasting textures.

Marc by Marc Jacobs



Juicy brights and sportswear-influenced shapes done in jersey - perfect for summer rather than spring. Glad to see Prada's orange lips are living on..I do adore them.

Vivienne Westwood Red Label



I loved these two pieces from the collection, especially the grey suit - the structure of the jacket is incredible! However, some other looks did seem a bit disconnected. 



These are a mere few of my favourites, to include them all would be ridiculous, especially considering this is only Part 1. Expect Part 2 after Paris fashion week. 


Sian.

PS. Any fans of Tommy Ton of Jak+Jil fame will love this feature on his street style pictures of LFW. I especially love the accessory shots. 

PPS. All images from style.com, all credit goes there!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top