Ombré (pronounced om-bray!) hair is basically just dark roots with light ends - perfect if you're growing out your hair!

There are lots of ways to achieve this look, and it definitely can be done at home. 

For those of you who already have highlights, take a look at this tutorial to see how you can ombré your own hair. 

Fashion blogger LLYMLRS has a good description of how to do it if you're naturally or artificially brunette - see her tutorial here.


I started off with an inbetweeny dark blonde colour, the roots of which weren't quite dark enough, and the ends of which weren't quite light enough. So what I basically did was paint on roots about 3 inches long using a demi permanent dye in my natural colour (much less damaging than permanent.) I then diluted the rest of the mix with warm water and applied it to about halfway down my ears. After this is rinsed off, a bleach/shampoo mix applied to the eds for 10-15 minutes should lighten them enough. Or, if you're like me and have a layer of light(ish) hair dye on top of already bleached ends, a few applications of head and Shoudlers shampoo should be enough to lighten them..make sure to scrub in well!

This is how mine came out:


Subtle enough to not be trashy, and enough of a gradient to allow me to grow the dye out of my hair without looking ridiculous. I am very happy with the results. 


Apologies for the lack of posting, I just haven't felt well enough recently for blogging, plus the college deadlines are approaching faster and faster. I do have nice things to post about this week, such as the WAH Nails Event in Powerscourt, my various Halloween costumes, leather shorts and velvet shoes.


Sian.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top