LOVES

Being able to wear winter coats


I really love coats, I think they're such an important piece in a woman's wardrobe - what else is as classic as a perfectly tailored coat with both traditional and contemporary features, worn with opaque black tights and heels? 


These are a few of my favourite from the high street:


















(left to right: Urban Outfutters, AWear, Topshop, Topshop)


Movember


I know this doesn't actually happen in October, but I didn't see the point of putting it in November Loves & Hates if it was already over. This is basically one of the easiest and most fun things a dude can do to raise money for a helping the fight against prostate cancer. You can find out about Movember on the official website, HERE.


Us ladies can also make an effort.






Alexa Chung


I've always loved Alexa's style, but over the past few months she's been my main hair inspiration, as you can see here and here!




 

(images via thefashionspot forum)

Pale skin


I absolutely love pale skin during winter..especially framed by darker hair. 
















(images via knightcat, fashiongonerogue, style.com)


Chloe's SS collection


Incredibly beautiful dancewear-inspired collection. It had amazing texture and movement in all of the pieces. I especially love how the models were sent down the runway in ballet slippers. 







(images via style.com)


HATES


Suspenders worn down over the hips
I despise this trend..I just think it looks ridiculous. Even the stunning Gaia Repossi, artistic director of Maison Repossi, doesn't get away with it in my view.


















(images via Google, Garance Doré)




Rain and umbrellas


No outfit looks good when you're sopping wet; footwear choices are also limited. We've had heavy rain for the past few days and I am sick of it! It'd be fine if I managed to look as amazing as this, but I'm afraid it's all running mascara and dripping hair. 




















(knighttcat.com)




Shearling jackets


I know I said how great they were back in July (Shear Genius) but I've completely gone off them. I think if an item is that popular, and that ubiquitous, then it simply isn't special anymore. Being 'on-trend' is less important than standing out from the crowd, which this season is entirely decked out in shearling.










(four incredibly similar jackets, from ASOS, Miss Selfridge, Topshop, and New Look)








And finally, I enjoyed this article I came across in New York Magazine yesterday: Rick Owens' wife likes to swim in his gowns.



Sian.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top