(Apologies for looking awfully smug, I tend to pull faces at Frankie when he takes my pictures.)


So loads of you actually did send in questions, which actually really surprised me! A lot of them were very similar so I just tried to answer them generally. There were a few more things asked, but I didn't want a really lengthy post, so I might come back to them another time. Enjoy!

- What age are you?

I'm 19, I'll be 20 on December 11th. 

- What weight are you/ How do you stay so thin/ Why are you so skinny? How tall are you?

I got an awful lot of questions similar to the above, and some weren't worded as nicely. I do NOT have an eating disorder. I do, however, have an intolerance to fat, which basically means my body can't digest it very well. It's the same was lactose or wheat intolerance. If I do eat a lot of fatty foods, I get very ill. 

So I obviously eat a very low fat diet, which is why I am skinny, and how I unintentionally stay skinny. I've been underweight for the last seven years or so, and it is something I constantly try to change. Similar to any girl, I'm certainly not announcing my weight on the internet. I will tell you that I'm 5'2.5" in height though.

- Where do you live/ Where in dublin do you live?

Yet another thing I'd rather not say on the internet. I live close to Dublin city centre, that's all you need to know!

- Where do you go to college/ what are you doing in college/ what do you want to do after college?

I go to Trinity College Dublin, I'm studying Single Honours History. I would like to do an MA in Fashion History and Theory in London College of Fashion after my degree, which is one of the reasons I started a blog. I love Trinity and would recommend it to anyone looking to come to college in Dublin, but they really are piling on the work this year!

- What makeup do you wear on your face/ eyes?

Honestly, I change the makeup I use all the time. For the past while I've been using Revlon PhotoReady foundation, and I actually like it a lot. I had used MAC's Studio Fix previously, and found it far too cakey and heavy. The Revlon is much lighter coverage and dries to a lovely dewy finish. It also does seem to make your skin look good in photos. I also use Revlon's Colorstay powder and a variety of highlighters and blushers; at the moment I'm loving Dollymix blusher and the Mineralize Skin Finish shimmer in Light by MAC for a wintery glow. 

On my eyes, I usually wear some sort of skin-toned eyeshadow on the lid, with either a cool or warm toned brown lightly in the crease, and black winged liner. My favourite at the moment is the Sleek Ink Pot gel liner. I've used Maybelline Colossal Volume waterproof mascara for years, and adore it. 

Can I see your boyfriend/ who is your boyfriend/ tell me about your boyfriend. 

My boyfriend's name is Frankie, he has his own music blog HERE. He's a Dj and runs a night in the Shaw, he's also doing history with me in college. We met in secondary school and have been together for two and a half years. I've actually posted pictures of him on this blog before, but you'll have to search for them if you really care that much!

- Who takes your pictures? What camera do you use?

I take most of my own pictures with a tripod, but occasionally Frankie will take them if we're out somewhere. I use either a Canon or a Fujifilm digital camera, the Canon is obviously better. I've been meaning to get a DSLR for a while now, but haven't quite gotten around to it. If anyone can recommend a really compact one that'd be great!

- What are your favourite shops?

For a long time, Topshop was my very favourite shop, but to be honest I'm getting over it now. I haven't really liked their stock this season, and the older I get the more I realise that their stuff is actually very poor quality, not to mention a total rip-off. I've been in a bit of a rut with shops recently, I can't really find anything I like anywhere. H&M is probably the best of the bunch this season in my opinion. I have been loving things in vintage shops like the Harlequin and Lucy's Lounge though. I think for a while I'm going to try to stop buying high street, except for basics, and start buying more vintage and making more garments. 

- How did you learn to make clothes?

My mother studied fashion design in college and worked as a freelance designer until recently. She taught me to sew from any early age, and really I think that if it wasn't for her I wouldn't be where I am today. I grew up surrounded by different materials, sketches and pins, and knew that I wanted to work in fashion from the age of about 8 onwards. So that's how I learned how to make a garment from start to finish, and she still gives me guidance when I get a little lost along the way!


I hope your questions were answered, and really thanks for sending them in, actually receiving a decent amount was such a pleasant surprise. 


Sian. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top