This is something I've been meaning to do for a while; as you've probably heard me say, my favourite fashion blogs are those with a personal touch. I never really wanted to write about things I was up to under my outfit posts though, as I feel it distracts from the point of the posts. 

So I arrived at this - a weekly Sunday catch-up. It's certainly not a new idea, plenty of other bloggers have been doing it for years, but I thought I'd give it a try for a few weeks. I'll basically just mention a few things I've been up to, and any good deals, restaurants, films, or anything interesting I come across.  I'll also be moving my inspiration posts to a different day. Please do let me know what you think, and whether I should keep doing them or not. 


So, this week..

- I finally handed in my last term essay to college for the year. I'll be glad to not pull another all-night writing binge for the next few weeks. Exams are only five weeks away, although I'm not particularly scared. In fact, I've kind of checked out of college this year - it's not really what I want to be doing, it's more of a means to an end. But the time is seriously dragging by. 

- I received lots of lovely invitations to different events this week, including the Models Own SS11 make-up launch, Forever 21's media morning, and Ebay's Online Fashion Week. I'm very excited about the latter, it involves the live streaming of talks from some of Ireland's most prominent members of the fashion industry. I'll be attending talks from fashion editor Constance Harris, designer Eilis Boyle and stylist Aisling Farinella.

- I spent most of my weekly allowance in Wild Child Originals, on Drury Street in Dublin, on Monday afternoon; as I've mentioned before, they have a kilo sale..€20 per kilo of clothing. People are raving about this deal, as Wild Child have some really great stock. Definitely worth checking out. 

- Had two fantastic nights out this week. On Thursday, I saw M.I.A.'s tour djs, Nguzunguzu play at CHEWN! in Pod; it was such a fantastic gig, packed with great tunes and people. Last night, I went to Hellmouth as Soon as You Hear, a Buffy-themed night run by Come as Soon as You Hear, some of Dublin's most quirky and fun promoters, in the Twisted Pepper. Great dancing was had at both, and a bag of valium thrown at my head (yes, seriously) as well as a siren found at the latter, as seen above. 

EDIT - I almost forgot to mention Simone Rocha's pop up shop in Havana Boutique in Donnybrook. Her collection is fantastic, and even if you can't afford it, it's worth going to see in the flesh, as I guarantee you'll leave inspired.



I'm still not sure about having so much writing on a fashion blog, so do let me know what you think of this type of post!




Sian. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top